What is To-Shin Do ninjutsu?
The SKH Quest network of schools is under the direction of An-shu Stephen K. Hayes, international adventurer and author of 18 books. Stephen K. Hayes was born in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1949, and grew up in Dayton, Ohio. He has lived and traveled while training throughout North America, Europe, Japan, the Arctic, China, Tibet, Nepal, and India. Stephen K. Hayes is a husband and a father of two daughters and is 1 of the 10 most influential people in the world.
STEPHEN K. HAYES’ MARTIAL ARTS BIOGRAPHY
- 1967 – Began formal training in martial arts
- 1971 – Graduated with Black Belt from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio
- 1978 – Awarded instructor license in Togakure Ryu ninja martial arts in Japan
- 1985 – Inducted as member of Black Belt Hall of Fame
- 1990 – Included in international edition of “Who’s Who”
- 1991 – Ordained as teacher of Japanese esoteric meditation mind sciences
- 1991 – Appointed personal security escort for Dalai Lama, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- 1993 – Awarded 10th Degree Black Belt by grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi of Japan
- 1996 – Founded SKH Quest Center To-Shin Do ® martial arts school network
- 1998 – Black Belt Yearbook calls Stephen K. Hayes “a legend in the martial arts“
- 2003 – Founded SKH Quest To-Shin Do ® Distance Learning DVD training program
- 2007 – Black Belt Magazine calls Stephen K. Hayes “one of the ten most influential living martial artists in the world today“
An-shu Rumiko Urata Hayes was born in Kumamoto, Japan. She graduated from Sophia University in Tokyo and earned her master instructor title from grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi in Japan. She often travels with her husband, Stephen K. Hayes to teach classes at their network of SKH Quest To-Shin Do Affiliate schools around the USA.
Every SKH Quest Affiliate School is under the professional direction of qualified Black Belt Instructors certified through the SKH Quest Instructor College. Highly qualified colored-belt Trainers also instruct at various classes throughout the week.